Residential geothermal heating and cooling systems are wise investments that any Idaho Falls resident should consider installing. The long list of benefits, the many ways it saves energy, and how you can save money combine into the perfect blend of being financially savvy and environmentally responsible. So you’re not yet sold on the installation of a cost-saving geothermal heat pump, or ground source heat pump as they are called by engineers? Then here are more details Idaho Falls, ID homeowners can expect from their residential geothermal system.
Residential Geothermal Benefits
- Size – Since a geothermal heating and cooling heat pump is roughly the same size as a conventional forced-air furnace, retrofitting an existing fossil fuel unit is, most times, a breeze. Your installer will determine your retrofitting options.
- Noise – What noise? There is no outdoor fan like you’d find in an air conditioner or air-source heat pump. Our geothermal systems use quiet variable speed blower motors that run only at the speed needed. They deliver just the right amount of air rather than roaring to life, so you’ll barely even know it’s there.
- No open flame – Have the peace of mind that fuel is being burned, and that means no pilot light woes.
- “Free” hot water – As your residential geothermal heat pump removes excess heat from your Idaho Falls residence, it can be used to warm the water for your bathing and washing needs.
Residential Geothermal Savings
- Energy efficiency – Traditional heating systems max out at 98% efficiency, but a residential geothermal system can deliver efficiencies of up to 500%! This is possible because for each unit of electrical energy used to heat your Idaho Falls home; 5 units of heat are extracted from the earth; resulting in savings of up to 70%.
- Positive Cash Flow – In many cases, the operating expenses for your new residential geothermal system will be surpassed by the savings you will see on your energy bill.
- Federal Tax Credit – Recoup 30% of the installation costs and see a faster return on investment.
li>Low Maintenance Cost – Thanks to fewer moving parts, the absence of combustion, and an installation indoors away from the abuse of weather and contaminates, geothermal units require very little maintenance.
Residential Geothermal Environmental Impact
- Green House Emissions – No gas emissions due to extracting heat from the constant heat just below the surface of the earth. Your carbon-footprint is greatly reduced.
- Reduced dependence – Accessing this renewable energy source reduces your home’s need for fossil-fuels like natural gas for and propane.
Conan Heating & Air Conditioning install the most efficient residential ground source heat pump on the market. WaterFurnace heat pumps are industry-leading in design and deliver comfortable heating and cooling to Idaho Falls residents.
Need more information? Learn more from the experts, contact us today about all the questions you may have about residential geothermal heating and cooling systems.