It is, indeed, a big step to move ahead with a geothermal heating and cooling system for your home. But it is a step up. And many Idaho Falls homeowners will say so – especially those who went with Conan Heating & Air Conditioning for their geothermal system installation. If you’re still trying to wrap your head around it, not quite psyched to decide, let these eight focal geothermal facts roll around in your brain some:
- Present-day geothermal technology is a proven technology that’s been tested and perfected over the course of at least five decades or so.
- To date, there are well over one million commercial and residential geothermal heating and cooling installations here in the States alone.
- The public’s trust in geothermal heating and cooling is high, with owners grading the comfort, ease of use, and energy savings their geothermal systems afford higher than that of any other system they’ve had.
- A U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study discloses that geothermal systems have the lowest life-cycle costs of any other heating and cooling system currently being marketed.
- Maintenance costs are conspicuously lower with geothermal than with traditional central HVAC systems mostly because geothermal systems have so few moving mechanical parts and require so little maintenance in the first place.
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems can hold up for a respectable 30 to 50 years, whereas common HVAC systems generally must be repaired or replaced after 15 years.
- Comparing the cost of local utilities and fossil fuel to the cost of operating a geothermal heating and cooling system shows that Idaho Falls owners of geothermal systems typically find their energy bills lowered by amounts ranging anywhere from 30 to 70 percent!
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems are recognized as being less of an environmental threat than any fossil fuel system, generating, by comparison, nearly one pound less of CO2 for each hour of use.
If these fast facts have made a geothermal heating and cooling system look more irresistible to you, see Conan Heating & Air Conditioning, the Idaho Falls geothermal authority, today. There’s much more we can tell you to set your mind at ease. And when you’re ready to go, we’ll install just the geothermal heating and cooling system that can handle your home.